About the Poster Session and the Student Poster Competition
The Poster Session of the DFD Meeting is open to all participants. Those entries submitted by students are eligible for the Student Poster Competition. This constitutes a specific opportunity for graduate and undergraduate students to enhance their presentation skills and to build their professional network.
The Poster Session is held during a dedicated time slot prior to the reception on Sunday, November 24th. Those posters designated as Student Posters will be judged and awarded 1st and 2nd Prize for "Best Poster" in several categories. Winners in each category will receive awards and recognition during the meeting, and will be highlighted in the DFD Newsletter.
- A first author may submit an oral presentation OR a poster, but NOT both.
The deadline for both Oral and Poster submissions is August 2, 2013.
- The Poster Session and Poster Competition is distinct from the Gallery of Fluid Motion.
- Cash prizes of $200 for first and second place in each category will be awarded.
To register for a poster session (but NOT a Gallery of Fluid Motion Poster) please do so by going through the regular abstract submission process. Any student wanting their poster to be in the Student Competition should select the student poster sorting category (57) during abstract submission.
Instructions for Participants
- Posters will be hung on a tack board, with an available display area of 48" x 48" (1.21 x 1.21 m). The posters can be hung with push pins or velcro tape, both of which will be provided at the meeting site
- Posters will be displayed in the foyer outside of the Spirit of Pittsburgh Ballroom located on the 2nd floor of the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
- Posters must be placed before noon on Sunday, November 24.
- Mount poster in numbered space reserved for it. (Numbers will be assigned after submission window has closed).
- Posters must be removed by 12:00 noon, Tuesday, November 26, 2013.